|Auto AC Forum posting Rules.
Please read the following before posting. US SNAP Policy on refrigerants.
1. This Forum intends to provide technical repair assistance to individuals with a basic working knowledge of Mobile Vehicle Air Conditioning (MVAC) systems. Repairs should not be performed by anyone lacking such expertise and the proper tools. When done incorrectly or issues overlooked during a repair, procedures might lead to additional problems and expenses. Furthermore, be aware that refrigerants can be hazardous if mishandled.
2. Remember that it violates Federal law to vent refrigerant into the atmosphere and not use an EPA-approved recovery machine. If you don't have such a machine, bring your vehicle to a local A/C repair shop that can recover the refrigerant for you, usually for a nominal fee, before working on the system yourself.
3. We neither use nor advocate the use of any alternative refrigerants or blends that are not EPA-approved or refrigerants containing sealer and other additives. This Forum follows US Snap policies.
4. The Site Administrator and Moderators are a small group of professionals currently employed in the MVAC business or retired. We donate our time, expertise, and advice at no charge. Individuals knowledgeable in MVAC and willing to contribute are welcome.
5. Nonmembers are welcome to join the Forum and ask any questions about MVAC systems. We will do our best to answer them.
6. The Site Administrator and Moderators are the final judges concerning anything posted. Abuse in any form directed at one or more of these individuals will result in the offender being banned!
7. Posting pornographic or otherwise inappropriate content, or links, is strictly forbidden. Violators will be permanently banned and subsequently reported to Federal authorities.
8. Posting links to outside businesses, including online enterprises, vendors, and auction sites, is prohibited. However, it may consist of pictures or videos that clarify your question.
9. Unauthorized "free advertising" is not permitted.
10. For obvious reasons, do not post any personal information, including your e-mail address, USPS mailing address, or phone number.
11. We neither answer questions by personal messages nor do we contact anyone by e-mail.
12. Each topic is the exclusive domain of one poster. Please start a new topic. Do not redirect (hijack) other members' threads for an additional problem of your own.
13. Be mindful of the category you're posting to ensure that your topic is appropriate. The four categories open for member posts are the "Automotive Air Conditioning Forum," "Automotive Air Conditioning Procedures, Tips, and FAQ," "Automotive Flushing Forum," and "Off Topic Chat." The "General Advertising Section and Promotions" and the "Archived Forum" are handled exclusively by the Site Administrator and are "read-only" for members.
14. Do not post duplicate questions in multiple categories.
15. Do not overuse bold, large, and colored fonts.
16. ACKits.com is a commercial business. It is not a resource for answering questions on products or issues you purchased elsewhere. ACKits.com created this Forum for such questions.