My new motorhome needs Air Con!!

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

rsamsel5614
Read the full article

Re: My new motorhome needs Air Con!!

Post by rsamsel5614 »

I did not. Like I said....I followed the instructions on the can.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Then you injected air.
I am gonna step aside and let others take over
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
rsamsel5614

Post by rsamsel5614 »

When I don't know how something works I follow the instructions. I get that it's easy to consider me an idiot for using that stuff. It's not possible to be knowledgeable in every area. Today I honed the cylinder of a KLR and fixed the clutch chudder on a DL1000. I'm not stupid in terms of working on vehicles and I'm not financially capable to take all my toys to the shop when there is an issue.
Would you rather someone hit the forum without trying what seems like a likely fix first?
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

rsamsel5614 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:27 pm When I don't know how something works I follow the instructions. I get that it's easy to consider me an idiot for using that stuff. It's not possible to be knowledgeable in every area.

Would you rather someone hit the forum without trying what seems like a likely fix first?
Like many others, you were seduced by AC Pro advertisements and "instructions" on how easy AC fixin' is. It is not so easy, and many times specialized equipment is needed.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Like I mentioned before, proper reclaim, vacuum, and recharge is the correct way to get back on track. In the past, I have read Autozone my rent the tools needed to do this. Suggesting any other approach is just wishful thinking and improper in my opinion.

PS: No lecture. I've been doing this for a long time. I read these same posts daily if not with calls on the phone. I bought this from Rock, ebay, Amazon, and so on. Now, what do I do with it. People want to save a dollar then want free tech support from me over the phone. So when I get short in my answers, it's not just you.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

For the record, I have only worked on one system that had sealer, but I did not know and the owner did not say.
Pressures were not even close and of course it would not cool. After some investigation, I removed the hose from the TXV.
What a god awful mess in there! Every part was contaminated with this nasty goo that clogged everything. I had never seen anything like it.
Bottom line, I had to replace every single part of the system incl the condenser and evap, cost the guy a bundle.

Never again. And I refuse to work on his cars now
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

rsamsel5614, did you come up with a plan of attack?

Help Support the Forum
rsamsel5614

Post by rsamsel5614 »

My plan of attack is to take it to the shop next week. It doesn't seem like I have other options. It's going to be 112 here on Monday which is a bit too warm for no ac. For now I'll be running the generator and the roof air when running down the highway. It just sucks because it had cool air and I made things worse. I'm really upset with myself.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Please let us know how it works out, it will help all the current and future forum members, good luck
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Don't be upset, you learned and the error was not massive.

Help Support the Forum