Ford C350 Dual Air - trouble

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

slawson2000
Read the full article

Re: Ford C350 Dual Air - trouble

Post by slawson2000 »

With regard the hose... I sent some time on the phone/email with UAC yesterday. I think they may have part numbers reversed or there may be more than one part number for my application.

The UAC online catalog indicates a HA 10407C for a 1994 F350 Vin K engine (7.3IDI Factory Turbo). That is the new part in the picture above. In some talking and emails, apparently the HA 112064C for a Vin M engine (7.3IDI non-aspirated) looks to be the correct part. It essentially the same, just about 12" longer. It does not make sense that the longer hose would be for the naturally aspirated engine, as the turbo version needs the longer hose to clear the turbo.

As for the compressor... The part number appears correct, but UAC does not know why it has a 8 groove pulley. The back six grooves line up fine, not sure what application require a 8 groove pulley. Since this came as part of a kit, I will just run it for now.
slawson2000

Post by slawson2000 »

New part should be here Friday.

Now for the big question, how much oil do I put in? Any extra for the rear system?

What about a charge?

Ideas?
slawson2000

Post by slawson2000 »

Back at it. I do not want to hook up (open up) the drier until it is time to test and fill the system.

The sticker under the hood calls for 7oz oil and 2lb 1oz refrigerant. I am assuming this is for the stock system, not with the rear AC.

I saw on this forum to add 1 to 2oz oil for a GM/Suburban that had rear AC. Am I correct to assume the same here?

I know the front evaporator has some oil in it as I could see a little dye come up the tube when I was blowing it out. Kind of spitting, nothing came out.

I also found on the internet that as a rule of thumb, oil should be replaced in the following amounts if the following parts are replaced:
Accumulator 2 oz.
Condenser 1 oz.
Evaporator 2 oz.
Filter drier 1 oz.

Not sure if that is true or not (after all, you can't put anything on the web that isn't true... well at least according to the internet).

But following that logic, I am thinking since I replaced the drier, condenser, compressor, and front hose, no oil came from the compressor and 2.75oz from the old drier, I come up with:

7oz (full stock system) + 2oz for an additional rear evaporator - 1oz or 2oz for what is currently in the front evaporator = +/- 7oz

So I should drain the oil that came in the compressor, then add the same amount back into the the compressor and the rest in the drier or is the condenser and drier a better choice? Any help is welcome as I am guessing based on what I could find online.

As for the charge, I figure I will start with the 2lb, 1oz and slowly add until the air output temp starts to rise and then back it off a little unless anyone had a better idea.
slawson2000

Post by slawson2000 »

Boy, it sure got lonely in here... Was it something I said? Bohica - where'd you go? Anyone?
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

This is the time of the year that there is not much activity here. I do check once a day or so. It will get busier once the weather gets warmer.
slawson2000

Post by slawson2000 »

I am just trying to figure if I am on the right track. I need to button this thing up. Appreciate the response.
slawson2000

Post by slawson2000 »

I called Advanced Air, the ones who made the rear system. Because of the age of the system, he did not have any info on the rear system. However, he seemed to thing that putting in about 4oz would be correct. I guess that makes sense as the rear system is about half of the front system.
WP_20190322_12_56_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20190322_12_56_12_Pro.jpg (78.49 KiB) Viewed 10489 times
Anyone have any links to find out if I am on the right path?
slawson2000

Post by slawson2000 »

Hmmmm....
I was hoping to get some feedback here on how much oil and charge info...
Anyone? I have to get this together...
Thanks
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

What has your supplier told you to do as far as oil procedures?
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
slawson2000

Post by slawson2000 »

I called Advanced Air, the ones who made the rear system. Because of the age of the system, he did not have any info on the rear system. However, he seemed to thing that putting in about 4oz would be correct.
I guess this is about the best info I have so far.