blue or red orifice tube (Edited)

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

JimN
Read the full article

blue or red orifice tube (Edited)

Post by JimN »

Hi, I am replacing almost all off the a/c in my truck.
1997 Ford F150 Lariat Ext Cab
Approx 88,000 miles, central Texas location,
The new UAC liquid line has a red tube, the original line has a blue one. The part description did not specify so I assumed it would be blue also. Ford states that to replace tube you need to replace the line. Every liquid line I have looked at doesn't state what color tube is in it. Is this going to be an issue?
Tube location is at the condenser end of the line.

Thanks for any replies, Jim
EDIT
Hi Tim, I talked to UAC, the closest I got to tech help was a salesman, nice guy, he pretty much said the sizes were so close together it did not matter which one I used. He couldn't tell me why they used red over blue for that particular part. I know I am not going to lose any sleep over it. I figure if I have any problems with the ac after it is up and running it is not going to be because I used a tube that was 5 thou. smaller diameter than the one I replaced.
Last edited by JimN on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim
Site Admin

Re: blue or red orifice tube

Post by Tim »

What did UAC have to say?
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
JimN

Post by JimN »

I would have replied sooner but I keep getting logged out when I try to reply. I did not get the part till late Friday and did not look at it till afternoon today. I looked at UAC catalog and the HA 10408C part # is the only one they have and their spec sheet says it is the right one for my truck.
JimN

Post by JimN »

P.S. I bought the truck in 2013 from a friend of mine's father. He won, brand new, it at the Texas Sate Fair. He drove it very rarely and kept it in the garage. It only had 15,000 miles on it when I bought it. Mint Condition. It still had the original tires with the blueing still on them. AFAIK the only thing he ever replaced on it was the battery.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Not sure what could be the log in issue.

As you can see, there is not a lot of difference between the Blue and Red. I've looked at other sources for the liquid line and there is no listing as to which tube is being used. One source shows just an OT and it is Red. UAC really should have a support site to help you with these questions. I'm sure they will help Monday if you can get someone on the line.

Here is an old page that shows the difference in OT sizes. As far as which is right? Not sure I would have to check my supplier as to which they would supply.

https://www.autoacforum.com/messageview ... adid=10818
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
JimN

Post by JimN »

Thanks for the reply.
It is probably a problem with my laptop.
Ya, I'll try and call UAC Monday. I've waited 3 or 4 years to fix the a/c another few days will not matter.