2010 aveo flush issue?

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, JohnHere, Tim

aerigan
Read the full article

2010 aveo flush issue?

Post by aerigan »

I have a 2010 aveo with bad compressor so changed all components except evap core. Installed new condenser with attached receiver drier, new compressor, new expansion valve block, and of course all orings. flushed all lines and evap core and blew all out with compressed air. pulled vaccum for thirty minutes and filled after waiting another thirty to see if needle on gauge moved. put in r134 20 ounces and it blew cool but not cold only around 70 degrees. I checked pressures next morning had 45 low and 225 high. purged gauge lines and the orange smelling flush came out of gauges. could this moisture from flush that got trapped in system cause the cooling issues? should I evacuate system blow out all lines with compressed air again and pull a long vacuum before refilling r134? Is there a way to get moisture out of condenser and drier and compressor? Hoping all this work isn't all down the drain. Any info appreciated. I figure it should blow temps in the 50 degree range if its working properly.
Last edited by aerigan on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: 2010 aveo flush issue?

Post by Cusser »

aerigan wrote: purged gauge lines and the orange smelling flush came out of gauges.
Sounds like you didn't remove all the flush solvent.

aerigan wrote: Is there a way to get moisture out of condenser and drier and compressor?

Moisture should get boiled out of condenser and compressor by sufficient vacuum/duration. But drier pellets will not give up their moisture. I believe PAG oils hold onto moisture more than old-style R-12 oils.

aerigan wrote: I figure it should blow temps in the 50 degree range if its working properly.
Yes, or in the 40s.
aerigan

Post by aerigan »

So do you think if I blow out all lines and then pull a vacuum for couple hours or more and recharge it will fix my problems?
GM Tech
Preferred Member

Post by GM Tech »

Maybe a couple of weeks of vacuum....Never put anything in a system, that you can't get out. GM says to flush with refrigerant for that very reason...but you used a flushing agent that is a chemical degreaser and now you can't get it out.....Who ever sold you that flush does not realize the mess you can get in.....
aerigan

Post by aerigan »

I bought the ac flush from oreillys figured it would work but guess not. Ok so how about I get another condenser and try again? The receiver drier is welded to the side of the condenser so no way to just buy a drier. I looked for a desiccant bag to go in it but I guess this one isn’t capable of that. So if I install another condenser with the attached receiver drier would that put me back good of course blowing out all lines and evap core and long vacuum also before charging??? Thanks for your info just trying to get this thing working.