'99 F250 Super Duty- immediate low side drop

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Tim
Site Admin
Read the full article

Re: '99 F250 Super Duty- immediate low side drop

Post by Tim »

69DropTop wrote:The liquid line to evaporator was 46 degrees and the evaporator to accumulator was 43 degrees. I took both measurements about an inch from where the lines go into the HVAC box.
Give or take the coil temp and vent te,p/ Should have around 40-degree vent air. Next is to find out why you are reheating the evap air before to reaches the vents.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
69DropTop

Post by 69DropTop »

Tim wrote:
69DropTop wrote: Next is to find out why you are reheating the evap air before to reaches the vents.
Ok, so do you think the in/out temps seem right and the pressures seem right? I guess you think that heat is getting introduced back into the cool air somehow/somewhere? I didn't get a chance to last night, but I can try pinching off one of the heater core lines to see if that makes a difference.
69DropTop

Post by 69DropTop »

I pinched off one of the heater core lines with a set of vise grips then took the truck out for a spin. I got 42 degree air out of the vent. I removed the vise grips and the temp went about by about 8 degrees :evil: So, I guess that answers the question of why the pressures and everything seem right but why I wasn't get as cold of air as expected.

I'm guessing the foam that seals the hot/cold air mix door in the heater box is shot. I was thinking of looking around to see if there is some type of manual shut off valve I can install in the heater core line or maybe install a vacuum operated water shut off valve like my '69 Cougar has that is activated when the A/C is turned on but not sure there is a vacuum line I can tee into that is only used for when the A/C is on. Anyone have any suggestions or other ideas?