Ford fiesta india 2014 a.c confusion

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Skm2014
Read the full article

Ford fiesta india 2014 a.c confusion

Post by Skm2014 »

Hello guys. This is my first post and is a guidance seeking post. I am not an a.c expert. I am a novice customer only. Kindly help.

I have 2014 model global ford fiesta diesel in india. It has done 70000 km. I am not satisfied with the a.c cooling right from beginning . I got it checked with ford authorised service atleast 10 times. Everhtime They said all absolutely ok after detailed checks. Since beginning the vent temperature was 39 degree Fahrenheit at standing and 47 to 48 degree at motion. This was strange.

Now recently i got the car routine service and a.c service as well for beginning of summer season. The service advisor told that my a.c parts like COOLING COIL , all ducts etc have started to BLACK. A to z a.c parts are to be changed is the only solution. COOLING COIL has SEEPAGE ,NOT LEAKAGE. You can continue to use it for a season or till this lasts.. these are the exact words.
Vent temperature is same 48 degress fahrenheit like earlier.
I am quite shocked that i got a.c service every year and it was fine 6 months back and now suddenly all parts are dying in just 6th year. Ford a.c is considered best in india. Cost is around 1000 USD or 80000 indian rupees.. i am confused what to do. Kindly guide. Please. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Skm2014 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dougflas

Re: Ford fiesta india 2014 a.c confusion

Post by Dougflas »

well if you use F instead of C you may get more answers. At idle you're getting about 39degrees and at running 49 degrees right? Usually it is the other way around due to more airflow across the condenser. You may have a marginal control valve if the compressor uses one. If you have to recharge the system every year, you probably have a leak. Could be the evaporator or compressor seal. You may be slightly low on charge.
Skm2014

Post by Skm2014 »

Dougflas wrote:well if you use F instead of C you may get more answers. At idle you're getting about 39degrees and at running 49 degrees right? Usually it is the other way around due to more airflow across the condenser. You may have a marginal control valve if the compressor uses one. If you have to recharge the system every year, you probably have a leak. Could be the evaporator or compressor seal. You may be slightly low on charge.
Why company saying whole unit will end in 1 season. Then full replacement will be required
B52bombardier1

Post by B52bombardier1 »

You asked: "Why does the company say it will fail and need replacement"? Answer: Because they want your money to replace the parts.

Rick
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 5.3 L LM7 Truck Engine & 4L60E Transmission
Skm2014

Post by Skm2014 »

B52bombardier1 wrote:You asked: "Why does the company say it will fail and need replacement"? Answer: Because they want your money to replace the parts.

Rick
Thanks. But in that case what should i do! I mean which part do you suspect is the culprit and needs replacement.
B52bombardier1

Post by B52bombardier1 »

I would get a set of gauges, a can of refrigerant with oil, maybe with a little dye and top it off. If it is a slow leak and if your compressor can still develop good pressure, I'd run it for at least the upcoming summer season and see what happens. The leak check dye in the can can tell you where the leak is if you have one.

Rick
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 5.3 L LM7 Truck Engine & 4L60E Transmission
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

B52bombardier1 wrote:I would get a set of gauges, a can of refrigerant with oil, maybe with a little dye and top it off. If it is a slow leak and if your compressor can still develop good pressure, I'd run it for at least the upcoming summer season and see what happens. The leak check dye in the can can tell you where the leak is if you have one.
That's refrigerant containing UV dye BUT NO SEALER !!! Sealer could ruin the system permanently.