1961 cadillac conversion

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

bohica2xo
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: 1961 cadillac conversion

Post by bohica2xo »

Just another kid with a sanden catalog , Tim.

Interesting that one vendor caused the Original Poster so much trouble though. Supplied an inadequate compressor for a car that big, AND a "custom" defective evaporator. And the only way the OP got the the bottom of it was coming here - for free.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

Wow !
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

bohica2xo wrote:Just another kid with a sanden catalog , Tim.

Interesting that one vendor caused the Original Poster so much trouble though. Supplied an inadequate compressor for a car that big, AND a "custom" defective evaporator. And the only way the OP got the the bottom of it was coming here - for free.
I see some of these eBay customers can get 10 minutes of expert help for $14.99.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
maxpf

Post by maxpf »

Tim wrote:
I see the same failure rates with OEM as I do with After Market. So go figure!
I'm guessing that hawking ChiCom crap is more profitable? Even if the failure rates were the same (if they are, it probably means a shoddy replacement job), why should I give the Chinese, who are our enemy, a dime vs an American worker? Last time I checked, the Chinese don't hire me and pay my bills. My fellow Americans do. If they don't have jobs because they've been shipped to China to take advantage of cheap labor for higher profit margins (aka greed), then they can't afford to hire me. Then I don't have a job. End of rant.
Cusser
Preferred Member

Post by Cusser »

Another reason for manufacturing to be in China is that their environmental rules are more lax...
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

Cusser wrote:Another reason for manufacturing to be in China is that their environmental rules are more lax...

What rules?
maxpf

Post by maxpf »

bohica2xo wrote:Just another kid with a sanden catalog , Tim.
Yeah, that must be it. I see that my replies got deleted. Can't have customers demanding real compressors when you have a warehouse full of cheap clones for sale I suppose.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I did not delete any of your posts. Can't speak for other moderators.

Where is a Sanden produced? How many compressors a year do you sell?

I've provided this forum for "free" since 1997. I'm sure this forum has helped many repair their vehicles over those years. And I would say mostly turning around and buy their parts from eBay or some other source. So please make your points and try not to start fights.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
maxpf

Post by maxpf »

Tim wrote:I did not delete any of your posts. Can't speak for other moderators.
My guess would be your pal bohica. Both my first reply, which you quoted and replied to on October 1st, as well as my first reply to bohica's snide comment, have been deleted. There was certainly nothing in my first comment which warranted deleting it, unless the mod who deleted it doesn't like comments against using Chinese-made compressors. The post contained nothing but factual information, and was relevant to the original post. The deletion was also useless since you had already quoted the post, so I'm not sure what was achieved by deleting it.
Where is a Sanden produced?
SD7's are made in the United States (Texas, specifically) and Japan. SD5's are made in Singapore. Every SD7H15 I have ever seen has been US manufactured, but I have seen SD7H15's purchased in Australia that were labeled "Made In Japan". I don't claim to know exactly where every single Sanden model is manufactured for a given market.
How many compressors a year do you sell?
None. I'm not in the compressor sales business. I do commercial refrigeration and AC, but I also do custom automotive AC as a side business. Mostly AC for vehicles with engine swaps, hot rods, and specialty vehicles. I help people either avoid situations like the OP of this thread ran into, or help them fix problems in their conversions. The common "Use a Sanden" recommendation from well-meaning but ignorant people (including those who really should know better) has caused grief for many people over the years.
I've provided this forum for "free" since 1997. I'm sure this forum has helped many repair their vehicles over those years. And I would say mostly turning around and buy their parts from eBay or some other source. So please make your points and try not to start fights.
I did nothing to "start a fight". I presented information based upon my experience. You presented a counter observation, which is great, although I disagree with the inference. Meanwhile one of your mods threw out a snide reply and, it seems, deleted some of my posts. That is the behavior one would expect from Twitter to someone posting links to Hunter Biden corruption right before the election.
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

This post is going nowhere. Let's grow up folks.