O Ring Dilemma

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

69sixpackbee
Read the full article

O Ring Dilemma

Post by 69sixpackbee »

Hi guys and girls and everyone else! I was a long time boardmember but could not get into my account so I had to re-register and that being said I am looking for some quick help from y’all. I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus with a TRS090 compressor And just can’t get the doggone ports to seal. I have the “generic” HNBR O rings but they just don’t seem to seal even with a good coating of Nylog. :x I know Chrysler used those orange harder durometer O rings but I do not have those. Can somebody tell me the correct O-rings for the suction and discharge ports on this model compressor?
I was half tempted to put a metal sealing gasket on it as well but I know it didn’t come with it just to keep this thing from seeping out the refrigerant over time.
Thanx!!
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: O Ring Dilemma

Post by JohnHere »

As far as I know, the HNBR (green) o-rings should work fine as long as you carefully match up the thickness and diameter of the new o-rings to the originals. Unfortunately, I don't have specific part numbers for the original Dodge o-rings.

Also, you could try fitting the hose flanges to the compressor ports without the o-rings in place and see whether they lie flush against one another. If not, the parts could be deformed, preventing a good seal.

The fix would be new hoses and/or a new compressor.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

You could also purchase a vehicle specific kit with all o-rings. Tim should have them.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Dougflas wrote:You could also purchase a vehicle specific kit with all o-rings. Tim should have them.

MT2701
or
MT2705
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum