original transducer into a universal system

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

jwk87
Read the full article

original transducer into a universal system

Post by jwk87 »

Hi all,

first time poster on this forum have looked at a number of posts as a guest though.

I have done an engine conversion in my vehicle. I am not using the donor air/con or heater box but am using a universal heater/ac setup.

On the engine loom I have a wire for the original transducer. The transducer is connected to the top outlet going into the condenser (pic 3 and pic 4). I have spoken to the supplier of the universal aircon and he suggests that I use a universal pressure switch (pressure switch pic).

My question is how would I incorporate the original transducer from the donor car into the universal air con setup or should I just use the universal setup with the pressure switch. The reason I am asking as well is that the car wiring loom to enable me to run this engine conversion that was supplied by the wiring company states that I should use the original vehicle transducer.

Any help or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
Attachments
pressure switch.jpg
pressure switch.jpg (7.86 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Pic 4.JPG
Pic 4.JPG (191.13 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Pic 3.JPG
Pic 3.JPG (233.01 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Tim
Site Admin

Re: original transducer into a universal system

Post by Tim »

Why not use a binary switch that fits the port. Wiring is just a simple power in and out to the clutch. These switches are for cutting power. If pressure beconmes to low or high.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum