No Measurable High Pressure GM A6 Replacement

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

1GCamaro
Read the full article

Re: No Measurable High Pressure GM A6 Replacement

Post by 1GCamaro »

If I go with a different compressor will I need to replace the Drier again? It is new but probably has a little oil in it from the attempts with the rebuilt A6. I've flushed the system again but of course did not flush the Drier. When I flushed this time, I once again had no oil in the condenser but a good bit in the evaporator.

I'll replace the Drier again if really necessary but if that's overkill I'll keep the one that's in there.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

If while flushing the other components, you took out the R/D and left it setting out uncapped for an unknown amount of time, I would replace it again. If you took it out, capped the openings while you were flushing, then upcapped and immediately reinstalled it, I think you'd be safe in reusing the existing R/D.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
1GCamaro

Post by 1GCamaro »

JohnHere wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:06 am If while flushing the other components, you took out the R/D and left it setting out uncapped for an unknown amount of time, I would replace it again. If you took it out, capped the openings while you were flushing, then upcapped and immediately reinstalled it, I think you'd be safe in reusing the existing R/D.
Thanks - That's kinda what I was thinking. It has been open to the air for a few days, so I'll pick up another one.