Cooling The Old Condenser

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

bohica2xo
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: Cooling The Old Condenser

Post by bohica2xo »

Fair enough. Where are the inlet and outlet now?
1GCamaro

Post by 1GCamaro »

bohica2xo wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:14 pm Fair enough. Where are the inlet and outlet now?
Both are at the bottom on the passenger side.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Pic please one should be on top the other on bottom
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
1GCamaro

Post by 1GCamaro »

tbirdtbird wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:06 am Pic please one should be on top the other on bottom
One does indeed come out at the top but there's a permanent line that goes down the side of the condenser and then turns 90 degrees out at the bottom, so as far as hoses are concerned, they both attach at the bottom - one above the other. Make sense? I can get a pic if needed.
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

So at least both inlet and outlet on passenger side. Probably not going to find one with the drop tube, so a 90 degree fitting on the inlet will get the hoses pointed at the stock routing.

I will have a look

Something like this 25.6 x16 x 3/4 thick perhaps?

The site sponsor has a 14 x 26 unit as well:
https://www.ackits.com/12-0438c-pf-cond ... =condenser

Either will work as far as cooling goes, both will probably require some bracket work.
1GCamaro

Post by 1GCamaro »

bohica2xo wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 am So at least both inlet and outlet on passenger side. Probably not going to find one with the drop tube, so a 90 degree fitting on the inlet will get the hoses pointed at the stock routing.

I will have a look

Something like this 25.6 x16 x 3/4 thick perhaps?

The site sponsor has a 14 x 26 unit as well:
https://www.ackits.com/12-0438c-pf-cond ... =condenser

Either will work as far as cooling goes, both will probably require some bracket work.
On the old condenser the outside edges of my bracket rails are 24 inches apart. The holes in the rails are 23 1/2 inches on center. Certainly would be nice to find something with holes same distance so I could reuse old brackets in the same holes on the core support.

The old condenser is one inch thick. I could go to 15 inch height if necessary but couldn't go to 16 -- not enough room - and going to 15 would only work if holes in bracket rails would match up for that fit.
1GCamaro

Post by 1GCamaro »

Not trying to hijack the forum sponsor here - this is a PF with exact fit for my Camaro. I'm just wondering how much hassle it is to make a universal work after seeing this price.

https://www.originalair.com/67-68-camar ... allel-flow
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Dang, that's a pricey item.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
swampy 6x6

Post by swampy 6x6 »

hi
Always Always fit the largest condenser possible. Some aftermarket units are a little small with car model specific brackets . Some of these kits use a the next smallest condenser sizing !!

Always use at least the factory condenser size L x W as a guide and go bigger if possible .
There is some thickness variation between PFlow brands , choose thick every time

Always fit the airconditioner engine fan setup that came when aircon was factory fitted
Many many cars require a pusher electric fan ALWAYS USE AT LEAST 11 INCH USING 15AMPS . If u use a lesser amperage fan it will not work .

Check your subcool 0--10F will tell if u have over charged
System has a sight glass ,charge just till it turns clear
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Where is this swampy guy coming from? The swamp? Just trying to get his post count up, all his posts tonight are irrelevant
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com