2006 530i bmw

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Sbbr358
Read the full article

Re: 2006 530i bmw

Post by Sbbr358 »

So what do you think it is bad compressor I do hear it turn on
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

Although I don't recall the OP mentioning recovering/weighing the refrigerant, evacuating/recharging, or posting any pressures, it seems to me that the high side might not be building enough pressure to turn-on the fan, as mentioned earlier. Problem could be a low charge, a faulty control valve, a worn-out compressor, or some combination.

If not already done, I would begin by recovering the charge, changing the control valve, evacuating and recharging to specs, and then re-evaluating the system's performance.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

Totally agree, have the charge recovered by a pro, evacuate, charge to the under hood sticker amount. Diagnosing is a waste of time unless it's in that state.
Sbbr358

Post by Sbbr358 »

I did have it recovered and recharged replaced fan ambient temp switch and lower hose temp switch but still have same problem although when I did have it recharged it worked a couple of days later back to the same thing checked for leaks had none but when he checked the lines for proper psi in ac said it was overcharged so don’t know why that keeps happening and fan still does not come on with ac on this is the third set of fans now so I am confused taking it to bmw on monday
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

I wonder how the shop knew the system was overcharged just by checking the pressures. They themselves recovered and recharged it, ostensibly to specs. So where did the alleged overcharge come from? (Rhetorical question.)

In any event, let us know what the BMW dealership says.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.