Newbie Looking for advice

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

bohica2xo
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: Newbie Looking for advice

Post by bohica2xo »

DetroitAC

Here is all of the data on the York style units
https://tccimfg.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 12-16P.pdf

Service manual and specifications for all of the piston units. In case the OP needs a copy.

The oil level is checked with a dip stick, which is fabricated to the specs in the manual
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

tbirdtbird wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:01 pm Detroit, this is interesting. We have always been told otherwise. What about a critically charged modern system, if it had a sightglass?
I am confused. None of my 134 systems that we install have a clear glass, in fact, there is a sticker over the glass so you can't even see it, unless you deliberately look. I am told it is there should you be running R12, peel the sticker off.
I'm equally confused that you say that, my guess is that it's related to converting R12 systems to R134a systems, but keeping the R12 TXV. Maybe running a bubbly liquid line will spoil some capacity of the valve and make it appropriate for R134a? I dunno, are these the systems you are working on? R12 hardware but running R134a?
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

No conversions. Fresh off the shelf R134 components. All brand new designed for 134 comp, F/D, evap, condenser, TXV.

If only we could charge every refrigerant to a clear glass life would be easier.
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

tbirdtbird wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:07 pm If only we could charge every refrigerant to a clear glass life would be easier.
You can! But only if you believe in yourself.

No really? if your charge it properly what kind of horrible things happen? Better performance? :lol:
bohica2xo
Preferred Member

Post by bohica2xo »

Preach it Detroit.

Many people don't realize their replacement R/D assemblies still have a sight glass. It has a masking sticker on it and was painted over at the factory...