Honda Thermal Limit Switch

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Dgreen
Read the full article

Re: Honda Thermal Limit Switch

Post by Dgreen »

Clutch gap was good. Slight drag with the .020 blade. System was 4.25 oz low. Installed a new compressor, it held a vacuum of 380 microns, charged 18 oz of refrigerant. Haven’t been able to get it to fail so far and it is cooling well.
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

Great job! Super good vacuum.
Did you try it with the correct charge before you replaced the comp? Wonder what led you to change the comp.
The 275 Hi side reading you posted would indicate the comp can compress....
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Dgreen

Post by Dgreen »

I Changed the compressor because I suspected the thermal limit switch was bad. I couldn’t find just a switch. The jury is still out. The car just left. I wasn’t able to get it to fail. Have my fingers crossed in hopes it is fixed.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

Dgreen wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:01 am Clutch gap was good. Slight drag with the .020 blade. System was 4.25 oz low. Installed a new compressor, it held a vacuum of 380 microns, charged 18 oz of refrigerant. Haven’t been able to get it to fail so far and it is cooling well.
For a small-capacity system like this one, 4.25-ounces low (nearly 24-percent) is significant and explains the odd compressor cycling, at least in part. With the correct charge in it and a new compressor assembly, it should now be fixed.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.