Installing Aftermarket AC in a Dodge Van

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

GottaBeCold88
Read the full article

Re: Installing Aftermarket AC in a Dodge Van

Post by GottaBeCold88 »

Yes but on my other vehicles, even with all the doors open, giving an infinite volume of air, I can get vent temps down to at least 40F at 1500rpm.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

okay.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

There shouldn't be a temp drop through the receiver, the filter in there is clogged, liquid line is bubbly. TXV can't work correctly unless it gets mostly bubble free liquid. Small amount of bubbles can be compensated for, TXV just can open more, but with a lot of bubbles TXV will be fully open and still not able to flow enough and you get high evap outlet superheat.

I don't know what to think about your condenser inlet being only 120F. Do your fingers confirm this? Outlet shouuld be very hot, inlet can't touch for more than a moment without getting burned? I think your measurement must be wrong?
GottaBeCold88

Post by GottaBeCold88 »

Howdy folks -

So I double checked my temps at the condenser. I think the fact that one line was shiney metal and the other one spray painted matte black was causing a bad reading. With the bottom pipe now sprayed black, I did observe at least 15F drop across the condenser. I could also feel the temp difference in my fingers.

That said, I think I have run the clock out on this one. It's fall now, and the highs are in the mid-60s at this point.

So, I think I'm going to close out for the season and try again next summer. Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.

Expect a new thread to kick this back off next May or June!
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

OK, we'll be here. For some reason I thought you had painted flat black on your shiny lines already. 15F is not enough, tho. But see you in 2023
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com