Yellow charge hose questions

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Tim
Site Admin
Read the full article

Re: Yellow charge hose questions

Post by Tim »

JohnHere wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 pm I'm sure that Tim can get you either one.
We offer Santech products, not Mastercool.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

acnoob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 pm Question: I bought r1234yf PAG dye but my car 2019 CRV says it uses POE oil. Is it a problem to put PAG dye in this ac system?
This is new and uncharted territory, so I'll say up-front that I'm not 100-percent sure.

What I've heard is that MACS discourages the use of dye in R-1234yf systems regardless of the type of oil. The reason is that many—if not all—of the new RRR (Recover, Recycle, Recharge) machines designed for R-1234yf apparently will prevent the dye-and-refrigerant mixture from being recovered because the machines "see" such a mixture as contaminated refrigerant.

If it was my vehicle, I would avoid putting in any type of dye and instead use an electronic detector ("sniffer") to leak-check the system.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
acnoob

Post by acnoob »

JohnHere wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:54 pm
acnoob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 pm Question: I bought r1234yf PAG dye but my car 2019 CRV says it uses POE oil. Is it a problem to put PAG dye in this ac system?
This is new and uncharted territory, so I'll say up-front that I'm not 100-percent sure.

What I've heard is that MACS discourages the use of dye in R-1234yf systems regardless of the type of oil. The reason is that many—if not all—of the new RRR (Recover, Recycle, Recharge) machines designed for R-1234yf apparently will prevent the dye-and-refrigerant mixture from being recovered because the machines "see" such a mixture as contaminated refrigerant.

If it was my vehicle, I would avoid putting in any type of dye and instead use an electronic detector ("sniffer") to leak-check the system.
Roger

Thats gonna be tough when i need to evacuate the system to fix the leaky component..honda uses dye to find leaks and they are fixing ac issues left and right with the current model civics/accords/crvs
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

A sniffer works just as well if not better than dye, don't feel wedded to dye
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

acnoob wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:21 pm Thats gonna be tough when i need to evacuate the system to fix the leaky component..honda uses dye to find leaks and they are fixing ac issues left and right with the current model civics/accords/crvs
Not sure I understand. Using a good quality sniffer while the system still contains refrigerant will pinpoint the smallest of leaks.

Do you happen to know what kind of A/C problems Honda is having with some of their current models?
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.