2005 Honda Accord V6 coupe

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Desert chillin
Read the full article

2005 Honda Accord V6 coupe

Post by Desert chillin »

Ac was working good then suddenly the air got warm and it made a belt slipping sound.Removed the compressor to find the rubber dampener on the clutch had cam loose from center hub. What would cause this looks kinda like it got warm but it's not blue or black.I locked the clutch up and ac works good pressures seem fine system looks very clean . What should I replace compressor or clutch,or should I due the hole system
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: 2005 Honda Accord V6 coupe

Post by JohnHere »

Clarification needed. You removed the compressor and then you locked up the clutch and A/C worked fine. What does "locked up the clutch" mean?

After you removed (and reinstalled?) the compressor, did you evacuate and recharge to get it going again? And it then worked and cooled normally?

What was the ambient temperature, and what were the pressures?
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Desert chillin

Post by Desert chillin »

I evacuated the system before I removed the compressor.stuck dampener off a junk compressor but it don't look very healthy. Would like to get a new clutch and dryer, condenser since I already open the system. Dryer is mounted to the condenser.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

If you're thinking about replacing the clutch, I suggest purchasing a new (not rebuilt) compressor, which will come with the clutch already installed and will cost about the same as the clutch by itself. It's a good idea to replace the condenser/dryer assembly and compressor together, as you suggested. Denso was the OEM supplier for your car's A/C system. You can get whatever parts you might need from the site sponsor.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.