First timer - In a bit deep replacing main components

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

billbrasky
Read the full article

First timer - In a bit deep replacing main components

Post by billbrasky »

Hi everyone,

I had a compressor seize up in a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with front and rear AC. I'm not a mechanic but I had some of the tools and wanted to learn and decided to try fix it. I got a kit with a new compressor, condensor, dryer, and expansion valves. I have removed the compressor and condenser and dryer without too much trouble, and now I want to flush the system. I have a flush kit and was planning to do the hoses which seemed straight forward and the evaporator. Now that I'm at this point with everything torn down I'm realizing I'm in over my head.

Do I flush the evaporator from the small port to the big port? (I'm thinking this is the direction of flow in operation)

There is a plastic insert on the small port side that doesn't seem removable, could I spray right through this? (and capture the output with a hose on the big port to a bucket)

Thanks for reading my newb questions, this is my biggest vehicle project ever but I really want to learn. Appreciate this forum and the access to wisdom it can provide.

-B
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: First timer - In a bit deep replacing main components

Post by Cusser »

billbrasky wrote:There is a plastic insert on the small port side that doesn't seem removable, could I spray right through this? (and capture the output with a hose on the big port to a bucket).
Could that plastic insert be an orifice tube or some replaceable screen? Ya' got good pictures of that you can upload?

And typically stuff is reverse-flushed, then the flush blown out with dry compressed air.
Tim
Site Admin

Re: First timer - In a bit deep replacing main components

Post by Tim »

------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum