Ford Focus MK2 break 2006 AC issues

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Costin013
Read the full article

Ford Focus MK2 break 2006 AC issues

Post by Costin013 »

Hello,

I have a Ford Focus MK 2 break from 2006 and I really need some help if someone experienced or knows.

My AC doesn't work.

AC clutch engages 3 seconds , disengages and 7 second later repeat.

AC relay is good, ac clutch fuse is good , just filled with 600 mg freon so there should not be any lack of freon .

When clutch engages low presure pipe goes down to 6-7 bar, high presure goes to maybe 14 bar. To be honest not totally sure of the values as i watched from distance the gauges when had the system filed with freon

My wonder is why it keeps trying to engage , and if i move the car it stops even trying

The cooling fan does not start at all (is a shared one with the engine) . i have also changed the fuse for it , but even so if it did not work my engine would not cool so there woul have been other issues .

I have no left ideas to try myself..

to change presure sensors ?

the AC itself can be guilty for the clutch not remaining engaged? ,

Can it be the clutch for not remaining engaged ?

Should the fan start if I turn on the car during a hot day with AC on?
B52bombardier1

Re: Ford Focus MK2 break 2006 AC issues

Post by B52bombardier1 »

Most vehicles should turn on the radiator electric fan immediately with the A/C turned on to put cooling air through the fins of the condenser. This limits compressor head pressures and aids in cooling the liquid refrigerant as it flows through the condenser.

Put a household fan blowing onto the A/C condenser and then lightly mist the A/C condenser with water. Check your pressure on the high side while doing this and feel the dash vent temperature - both should drop. You may have to mist it with water more than once.

Then see why the automobile fan does not turn on. Bad relay? Bad fan? Bad wiring? Bad fan thermostat? Powertrain Control Module(PCM) problems not directing the fan to turn on? Apply 12 volts directly to the fan to see if it works.

This is an OBD2 compliant vehicle. I think something should show up if you read the PCM for codes.

Rick
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 5.3 L LM7 Truck Engine & 4L60E Transmission
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

"Most vehicles should turn on the radiator electric fan immediately with the A/C turned on"

BINGO
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
Dougflas

Post by Dougflas »

Before placing 12 volts on the fan leads to see if it works, disconnect the fan from the vehicle wiring. You o not want to chance back feeing to the PCM.
Costin013

Post by Costin013 »

Ok so so far no error on PCM with OBD 2 , also the fan is shared one with the engine and it powers on when engine gets too hot so it does work.

The engine feels when I press AC button as it gets more RPM and smoother running