Toyota HiAce AC not coming on

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Ryan92
Read the full article

Toyota HiAce AC not coming on

Post by Ryan92 »

I recently replaced my vans AC compressor then just charged the system with about 1.5 of those recharge cans. It worked great a few times then stopped after a few days. I thought I might have over filled it so released some freon but the compressor still wouldn't come on. I thought I better do it properly so pulled a vacuum on the system etc. No leaks. Started to recharge but the compressor still won't come on. Any idea what it might be? Could air have damaged something? How many different sensors are there? Thanks
Cusser
Preferred Member

Re: Toyota HiAce AC not coming on

Post by Cusser »

Ryan92 wrote:I recently replaced my vans AC compressor then just charged the system with about 1.5 of those recharge cans.
Did you add pure R134a or the junk mix of R134a containing sealer?

What is your static pressure read? If you don't know what that means, stay as far away from auto AC as you can.
Ryan92

Post by Ryan92 »

Nope no sealer. The static pressure is 50 psi at 15 degrees celsius. I thought that would be enough to get the compressor to engage as it didn't take much the first time I did it.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

A temperature of 15C (59F) is rather low for attempting to work on an MVAC system. Look for an ambient temperature of 21C (70F) or higher, working indoors in a heated area, if necessary. That might be why the compressor isn't engaging.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.