Need help on White 1090XL refrigerant machine

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

andremajic
Read the full article

Need help on White 1090XL refrigerant machine

Post by andremajic »

Hey guys,

I got a snap-on r134a recovery machine mfg by White MFG for a good price. It works as it is, but I'm looking at replacing the cracking high/low pressure lines to the machine. Only issue is that they aren't the standard hookup 1/2" ACME threads that you find on most manifold sets/tanks.

I measured the threads on the line going to the machine, and it appears that they used 1/8" NPT fittings. I opened up the machine and it's literally almost entirely connected with 1/8" NPT. (.400" by 27 TPI)

I suppose that Snap-On wanted the machine to have proprietary/weird fittings, to limit the ability to replace parts with "Non OEM" parts, but they don't support this machine any more and White MFG is out of business.

Are these standard fittings on the older machines? I just found some adapters on ebay that "should" work for this, but I thought I'd post in the forums to get some knowledge. Yellow Jacket item number 40265.

Also, I'm not happy with the recovery tank. The high pressure side tends to leak as you're opening and closing the valve, so I got a new Y valve on order to switch out on the tank, once I charge the refrigerant back into my truck.

Anybody on the forums own a machine like this or have knowledge to share? Thanks!

Andy
Last edited by JohnHere on Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links are not permitted.