New Sanden SDH715 Not Pumping But Clutch IS Engaged

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

JohnHere
Preferred Member
Read the full article

Re: New Sanden SDH715 Not Pumping But Clutch IS Engaged

Post by JohnHere »

tbirdtbird wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:12 pm John, LOL I do not own any of the conversations here! Please jump in at any time. ... .
I thought about jumping in, but I wanted to extend to you guys the courtesy of continuing your discussion on aspects about which I hadn't previously commented. Maybe I was being too polite :lol:
scowman wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:17 am Actually all the flush fluid goes through both directions. I started backwards, then forwards and repeated until the flush came out clear. Then I blew air both ways until dry on a pop test. A lot of Ferrari owners do it this way. Even Ferrari dealers. A dash pull is at least $5k. It involves the removal of the steering wheel and two airbags. So this alternative was developed and tested over time.
This is the TXV. (Link not permitted.)
In my mind, I don't understand how the evaporator can be flushed effectively without first removing the TXV. It seems to me that either a block-type or capillary-tube TXV would create a severe restriction, preventing the flushing chemical from flowing through with enough volume and force to sufficiently clean the evaporator. I never tried flushing an evaporator in that way on a Ferrari, but I'll defer to those who have done it successfully.
scowman wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:17 am ... . Manifold Gauge Set arrived. I placed it on the low side and got a 50 psi reading so I think that is a good sign. I am going to replace the drier and evacuate again. I will run the motor and turn the heater on to increase the ambient temp in the ac system. A V12 throws off a lot of heat.
Your new Manifold Gauge Set is now "communicating" with the system. I presume that the 50 PSI reading on the low side is the static pressure, and your MGS is reading the actual LS system pressure with 12 ounces of refrigerant installed. Go ahead and hook-up your MGS (red hose) to the high side as well. Static pressures on both the LS and HS should be approximately the same.

Good idea to replace the R/D whenever you open the system. However, running the engine and turning on the heater might or might not have any effect on charging and testing the system. It's the ambient temperature of the air 12 inches or so in front of the condenser that's important.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Thank you, John.
------------------------------
Please support ACKITS.com for your Auto A/C Parts and Tool needs.

Help Support the Forum
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

👍👍
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.