Suzuki Grand Vitara condenser fan question

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

tdkinyo
Read the full article

Suzuki Grand Vitara condenser fan question

Post by tdkinyo »

Good morning,
sorry for my english, hope you udnerstand.
Got a question. A/C system is just after recharge, everything was done correctly, system seal, vacuum pulled down to 120microns, charge 440g.
AC work generally very good, air temp. out of duct ~2-3*C ( 34-37F). LP pressure ~26psig, HP pressure no more than 75psig. I check system when ambient was very low ~11*C ( 50F) so understand thats that values are little low, but...it is normal that compressor short-cycling very often? Work for 10-15sec, and turn-off for a while, and again work 10-15sec, and turn-off, and same thing over and over...
Second thing, it is normal that in these ambient conditions, and very high humidity% 70-80, condenser fan working constantly with compressor? Fan start, when AC compressor start pumping, when compressor OFF, Fan off too.
I check evaporator temp. via OBD tool, and there was info that compressor cycling between 30F-40F Evap temp.
Last car which i had, condenser fan wouldn't turn on at all before until the pressure was up to 150psig++
I wonder, is that something bad, or just this AC controller work like that, for this specify car ? Someone got experience with this car?
What i found in service manual, I update as photo in attachments.
there are two conditions listed there to Fan: one for the A/C system, the other for the coolant temperature...do they have to be two at a time or one?
2004 year, Suzuki Grand Vitara
tdkinyo

Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara condenser fan question

Post by tdkinyo »

wentylator suzuki.png
wentylator suzuki.png (59.95 KiB) Viewed 696 times
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara condenser fan question

Post by JohnHere »

The ambient temperature in your area is too low. I recommend waiting until the daily temperature rises to 80°F (27°C) or above. Then, re-test the system.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.