Audi A4

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

Pryersimon
Read the full article

Audi A4

Post by Pryersimon »

Hi everyone. I have had an Audi A4 2007 come in due to a faulty compressor, the pulley spins but the pump stays still as it is seized.
I have changed and regased, now the weird thing is that the pressure monitors rise and fall however you only get a burst of cold air as the pressure fall but because this happens very frequently you don’t really feel the benefit unless you touch the low pressure pipe.
Is this a faulty brand new compressor or something else?

I look forward to any help given
Thanks in advance, Simon
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Re: Audi A4

Post by tbirdtbird »

First off, since the comp grenaded, did you also change out the condenser and flush the lines from firewall forward? The condenser will be full of metal debris from the failed comp, since it acts as a filter.
Also, has any sealer ever been installed into the system by anyone? If so, all bets are off
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
DetroitAC
Preferred Member

Post by DetroitAC »

what compressor did you install? Genuine Denso or mystery Asian?
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

Pryersimon wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:23 am I have changed and regased, now the weird thing is that the pressure monitors rise and fall however you only get a burst of cold air as the pressure fall but because this happens very frequently you don’t really feel the benefit unless you touch the low pressure pipe.
Is this a faulty brand new compressor or something else?
Frequent compressor cycling is usually due to an undercharge.

In addition to the questions asked previously, are you sure that you charged the system with the correct amounts of refrigerant and oil? The specifications that I have call for 539 grams (19 ounces net weight) of R-134a, and 207 milliliters (7.0 fluid ounces) of PAG-46.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.