12a chart

Friendly format provided to inquire about automotive a/c systems.
Archived Forum

Moderators: bohica2xo, Tim, JohnHere

nanccinut
Read the full article

12a chart

Post by nanccinut »

Can someone send me a proper 12a Red Tek (Canada) AMBIENT TEMP/ LOW PRESSURE CHART for this refridgerant. Have feeling pressures are a little lower than for 134a from what Iread. Red Tek HELP didn't! lol THANKS :o
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Re: 12a chart

Post by JohnHere »

On this Forum, we don't advocate the use of non-EPA-approved refrigerants. See "Forum rules," Item #3. So I'm afraid we can't help you with that question. Please DO post again with any additional questions you might have.
Member – MACS (Mobile Air Climate Systems Association)

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
nanccinut

Post by nanccinut »

Thanks for the invite to continue to post. Last summer,bought Frosty Cool sold all over the USA and in some stores in Canada . Got a three pack kit.Added small can of their sealant the about 1 1/4 of the refridgerant. Sadly the sealer only held for a month,then blew hot air in my 15 Civic. When adding that product I was in contact by numerous e-mails with their rep. Few weeks back he directed me to a supply store twenty miles away. Had the un opened can of Red Teck with me as well as $80.00 bottle of Leak Stop sold and rated #1 leak seal by Amazon in the USA. Was going to buy Frosty cool but sales lad said my Canadian Tire canister of Red Tek should be enough as uses less volume. Added sealant with syringe then drove home to local garage who added the refrigerant to 30 PSI at no charge.Our Frosty COOL agent told me that the Canadian Tire product is a good product that gets the job done! For a follow up going to email my Frosty Cool rep and ask him just who governs the use of Canadian Tire Red Tek in Canada and will let you know what he says.Sure it is a safe product but we will let the Frosty Cool rep decide that shall we. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes in my quest for cool A/C
tbirdtbird
Preferred Member

Post by tbirdtbird »

You did not step on any toes. We are here to help. We are in the USA so we limit most of our advice to EPA approved refrigerants, but as JohnHere stated you are still welcome to ask questions.

On another note, we always advise owners to never use any kind of sealer, EVER. It is guaranteed to cause havoc with your system, as it gums everything up.
Most AC shops will not connect their gauges to a system with sealer as that stuff can gum up gauges, as well
When considering your next auto A/C purchase, please consider the site that supports you: www.ACKits.com
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

Adding to the comments just above, I don't blame Canadian citizens who want to work on their own A/C systems for using alternative refrigerants, since R-134a is very expensive and nearly impossible to get in Canada unless you're somehow certified and employed in the business. That's my understanding.

Even in the USA, R-134a is becoming more expensive, and I believe the US-EPA now requires that technicians be EPA-certified to buy and handle ten pounds or more of refrigerant in a single container, including the newer and quite costly R-1234yf with its extremely low Global Warming Potential (GWP). Currently in the USA, the small 12-ounce cans don't require EPA certification to purchase them.

Even though the alternatives have a very low (if any) GWP and are otherwise "green," please use care in their handling because most if not all of them are hydrocarbon based (containing propane and butane) and are flammable.

Thankful for the responses you have received? Please consider making a monetary donation to this Forum.
nanccinut

Post by nanccinut »

Found this tid bit of info on the can of Canadian Tires canister of 12a refridgerant. Word for word it says...not for use or sale in the USA but in next sentence says get this .....Made in USA.Consumer Commodity. Then I look at more of the cans fine print with magnifing glass and says.louisville TN37777WITH A 1888-676-9380. its like it states you cant buy it here in USA but guess what , we make it here! Sure if someone did research of those emplyees health records cancer etc you would find that their employess arn't sick at all and doing just fine thanks. My guess is this hot summer many Americans visiting us north of the 49th, on holiday up here will be dropping into one of our 1,500 Canadian Tire stores and picking up a can or two of this hush hush RedTek 12a to cool down their leaking systems. They wouldn't do that would they! This 12a topicis now closed from my end.
JohnHere
Preferred Member

Post by JohnHere »

nanccinut wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:04 pm Found this tid bit of info on the can of Canadian Tires canister of 12a refridgerant. Word for word it says...not for use or sale in the USA but in next sentence says get this .....Made in USA.Consumer Commodity. Then I look at more of the cans fine print with magnifing glass and says.louisville TN37777WITH A 1888-676-9380. its like it states you cant buy it here in USA but guess what , we make it here!
Interesting. Who knew? ;)
nanccinut wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:04 pm My guess is this hot summer many Americans visiting us north of the 49th, on holiday up here will be dropping into one of our 1,500 Canadian Tire stores and picking up a can or two of this hush hush RedTek 12a to cool down their leaking systems.
Could be. But the best option is to repair the leak(s) so that they won't have to continuously replenish the refrigerant. Especially if using R-134a, fixing the leak(s) would be the environmentally responsible thing to do and probably least expensive over the long run.