Greetings and SO glad I located this forum!
I'm restoring a 1960 Chevrolet Impala Sport Sedan and recreating a 1966 Chevrolet dealer-installed Mark IV air-conditioning system using Vintage Air's reproduction Mark IV as the foundation. I'm assembling original literature and documenting the project as accurately as possible. I'd be grateful for any period photographs, installation manuals, application catalogs, or personal recollections from anyone who worked with or installed the Mark IV systems.
I located the forum by coming across this cool thread that has some amazing history in it
https://www.autoacforum.com/viewtopic.p ... d&start=10
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Rob
Ocklawaha FL
Mark IV - 1960 Impala Project
Re: Mark IV - 1960 Impala Project
Greetings again, I am continuing to move ahead on the installation of a period-correct Mark IV system into the 1960 Impala Sport
Sedan. Car is just finishing up paint/body and reassembly and all of the correct components from Vintage Air should arrive later this week. I have collect A LOT of MARK IV original documentation as I work to build a cool library to go with the installation project.
There are a few details that I would really like to get correct - specifically how/where the firewall penetrations would have been instructed to me made on a 1960 Impala … On a mid-1960s Mark IV dealer installation, how were the suction and liquid lines normally passed through the firewall—individual rubber grommets, bulkhead fittings, or a plate—and did Mark IV provide vehicle-specific drilling templates?
Can anyone help here? Would there be an original template floating around somewhere?
Rob
Ocklawaha FL
Sedan. Car is just finishing up paint/body and reassembly and all of the correct components from Vintage Air should arrive later this week. I have collect A LOT of MARK IV original documentation as I work to build a cool library to go with the installation project.
There are a few details that I would really like to get correct - specifically how/where the firewall penetrations would have been instructed to me made on a 1960 Impala … On a mid-1960s Mark IV dealer installation, how were the suction and liquid lines normally passed through the firewall—individual rubber grommets, bulkhead fittings, or a plate—and did Mark IV provide vehicle-specific drilling templates?
Can anyone help here? Would there be an original template floating around somewhere?
Rob
Ocklawaha FL